Friday, September 26, 2014

Yummy Lemon cookies (whole wheat)


I love citrus flavors in my cakes and cookies. I had tried lemon cookies a couple of times, but today after 3 tries, I have made this successful batch of lemon cookies. They are light and very yummy J

These are so easy to make that my 3 year old helped me bake these ones from scratch. By the way, these are eggless cookies made with homemade ghee and whole wheat flour. After reading all this, I am sure you want to try these ones immediately.

Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 lemon (2 tablespoons of lemon juice)
½ tsp lemon zest
¼ cup cooked oat
¼ cup homemade organic pear sauce (no sugar)
½ cup organic honey
¼ tsp cardamom powder
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons clarified butter
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup organic low fat (2%) milk

Take all the dry ingredients in a bowl and keep aside. In a separate bowl, whisk the clarified butter or ghee and honey together. As it turns light add the pear sauce, cooked oat , lemon juice, zest and milk. Whisk everything together and then add the dry ingredients. Mix well in to a soft dough. If batter is runny, you might want to fridge for about 15 minutes. In the meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 F .

Now, place the cookies with a spoon on greased cookie sheets and bake them for 15 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment